Thursday, February 5, 2009

Rhino for you


Happy days to you all!! I hope that you are doing well so far this month of February. I just love my Moleskiene and I have decided to place some realistic drawings of different animals in my newest Moleskiene. So to begin this is a Rhino that I did in graphite. I used different techniques in shading just to try them out and see which I preferred. Trying to get leathery skin for this one was a challenge as I have never done that before, and looking at the original I am pretty happy with how it turned out. I am going to attempt to sketch everyday. I had set that as a New Year's eve resolution but because of the loss of my fiances son, then the tragic loss of my brother-in-law a week later both happening right after Christmas I became lost into the turmoil of depression and allowed it to take over for a while. So I am getting back into the swing of things and hope to bless you all with new pictures and some words from my heart.

No comments: