Monday, April 27, 2009


Happy Cactus Monday everyone! This is two art forms combined, I used an airbrush for the night sky, and then hand painted the cactus and the shooting star by hand. I attempted to catch a night sky that would lend itself to the imagination, and I hope you like it.
This weekend I had the honor of going to some beautiful gardens in Nevada City, Ca. where they planted over 7000 tulip bulbs, it seemed like all the bulbs were in bloom, and it was oh so beautiful. I will post a few of the pictures later this week so you can see for yourselves.
Have a wonderful Cactus Monday dear friends.

10 comments:

marianne said...

Wonderful painting Greg!
Happy Cactus Monday!

Debra Kay said...

Greg-this is wonderful-I'm looking forward to your postings each week now.

messyfish said...

nice one Greg! happy cactus monday....

Diane C. said...

Fantastic cactus painting! I saw a shooting star in the desert recently and the scene looked something like your picture, except that star trail was blueish-greenish. I love the colors you used.

deepazartz said...

Beautiful..It looks digital. I liked the shooting star in the bacdrop.

Happy Cactus Monday!

Lisa at Greenbow said...

Wow, this is great. The shooting star really makes the painting come alive. HCM.

studio lolo said...

This is a magical piece! This is also my first time coming here from Cactus Monday. I read through some of your other posts and enjoyed the art that I saw.
I'd also like to give my condolences to the tragedies that you and your loved ones have had to deal with. Sometimes you have to wonder what the lesson is in all that grief and loss.

I'm looking forward to more CM posts from you.

Teri C said...

Oh Greg, this is just gorgeous and mysterious. Beautiful work.

Happy Cactus Monday and so happy you are playing.

Julie said...

oooh...this is so cosmic feeling! A Star Trekky cactus! LOL! It is very cool! I love it!
Happy Cactus Monday a little late...just past midnight into Tuesday morning! :)

Dee said...

Beautiful-it is really lovely!